Sun, Jun 11|
Amity Path at the Needham Reservoir
Race Amity Day Celebration
Join us for a family-friendly, fun-filled celebration! Race Amity celebrates and affirms the friendships between people of diverse backgrounds and is celebrated annually on the second Sunday of June. Needham's celebration will be held at Amity Path at Needham Reservoir on June 11, 2023 from 4-6pm.
Time & Location
Jun 11, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Amity Path at the Needham Reservoir, Needham Reservoir, Needham, MA 02492, USA
About the event
Bring a chair or blanket if you'd like! Plan to stay a while... This free event is co-sponsored by the Needham Diversity Initiative and the Needham Human Rights Committee. It will feature:
* Live Music by Tascha Jeunet and her band, a Parisian singer-songwriter who enjoys singing in English, French, and Creole. She graduated from Berklee School of Music last month, majoring in songwriting, and performed her own composition 'Rescue Me' for the school's music video series - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Bm5SChBe0 .
* Cookies and Pastries (all nut free) from French Press Bakery & Cafe, and water.
* Craft Activity of decorating window-cling mandalas.
* Welcoming everyone to Race Amity Day in various languages. If you speak a world language, you are invited to come to the microphone and say "Welcome to Race Amity Day" in your native tongue or second language.
* Remarks by local community leaders, including State Representative Denise Garlick, who co-sponsored the Bill that established Race Amity Day in Massachusetts in 2015.
* Meet friendly people who are celebrating the diversity and friendships in our community. This is a family friendly event, and you can bring your leashed dogs. Name tags will be at the Welcome Table.
* Walk the half-mile Amity Path around Needham Reservoir. It is fully accessible to all ages and abilities, with firm walkways, guide ropes, and many benches, and is a beautiful area attracts a wide variety of wildlife and plants.
* Take a lawn sign, such as 'Needham Has Pride', 'Black Lives Matter', and 'Stop Asian Hate'. They are free, but donations are appreciated.
* Learn more about upcoming events, including the Needham Pride Rally March & Party (June 18), and the Needham Diversity Summit (November 5). Stop by at the Welcome Table.